Initial thoughts on upgrading to an M2 Pro MacBook:
- It looks a lot like my old 2008 MacBook Pro
- The Migration Assistant is much better than the Migration Assistants of Yore (I think I first used one in ~2004), but it still failed on the first try, just like it did on my iPhone last month.
- Using a Thunderbolt cable connected to both machines was the right move. Very fast migration.
- This machine is stunningly fast. I can’t believe how much faster it is than my 2019 Intel i7. UI changes are instantaneous.
- My Google Chrome Extensions didn’t transfer. Also, no surprise here, Chrome didn’t respect any of my previous preferences.
- I miss the Touch Bar.
- Keyboard is better.
- Booting up from sleep is instant.
- It drives two external screens much better than my 2019 machine.
Leave a Reply