Above: Chicken Stuffed with Spinach, Feta, and Bacon – my latest recipe at The Primal Challenge.
I’ve been posting frequently over at The Primal Challenge. Check out some of my recent posts:
Welcome Two New People to the 30 Day Challenge!
Mass Production, Restaurants, and Food Quality
Primal Apple Crumble (a recipe from my parents!)
Also, here is the recipe for the delicious dish in the photo above:
Chicken Stuffed with Spinach, Feta, and Bacon
3 chicken breasts
1 bag of fresh spinach
1/2 lb of bacon, dice all but 3 pieces
1/4 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2. Heat your favorite fat (I used olive oil) in a skillet and start cooking the diced bacon along with the diced onion and the spinach. Saute it all together. Don’t worry, the spinach will cook down quickly.
- 3. Butterfly the chicken breasts.
- 4. In a bowl, mix the sautéed spinach, onions, and bacon with however much feta cheese you prefer.
- 5. Spread the minced garlic inside the butterflied chicken.
- 6. Put the spinach, onion, bacon, and feta mixture on 1/2 of each butterflied chicken breast and fold the other side back on top of it.
- 7. Top each stuffed chicken with the pieces of bacon you set aside earlier.
- 8. Place on a pan and bake at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked. Turn the broiler on for the last 2-3 minutes to brown the top of the chicken and crisp the bacon.