Sometimes I get off track. This is what I need to do to get back on track:
- Turn off social media. Remove apps from phone, turn on the 1Blocker (iPad and iPhone) and WasteNoTime (Mac) rules.
- Wash your face.
- Drink a full glass of water and eat a healthy snack if you need one.
- Get your keys and headphones, put on a podcast, go for a walk around the building. Breathe deeply the whole time. Check the mail when you come back in.
- Clean off your desk, clean off the dining table, and empty/load the dish washer.
- Turn off the podcast and turn on music (Jazz Vibes, Hundred Days Off, or Tycho). Sit down at the dining table with your notebook and make a list of the most important things that need to get one. Evaluate each item and block out a time on the calendar to knock it out over the next few days.
- Pick one thing to start work on immediately. Start working.