When I learned about the Micro.blog project by Manton Reece, I decided that I wanted to host my own microblog, so I made a minimalist microblogging WordPress theme for that purpose.
I put it out on Github for others to use: https://github.com/cagrimmett/simplemicroblog-wp
- It is fully responsive.
- Header image is the gravatar pulled in from the administrator’s email address. To change the header image, change the administrator’s email address and/or change your main image at Gravatar.
- There is an option in the post editor to suppress the title for posts on the homepage and single pages
- There is no main menu at the top. If you want a menu to get to sub pages, create a menu, then add a custom menu widget to the sidebar widget area.
- The footer widget area is enabled. You can add any widget you like to the footer.
- Comments are turned off globally
- This theme makes it easy to verify your website with Micro.blog. In the WordPress admin, go to Settings > Micro.blog Verification and put in your Micro.blog username.
- Fontawesome is included via maxcdn because I like using icons.
- Based on Underscores http://underscores.me/, (C) 2012-2016 Automattic, Inc., GPLv2 or later
- normalize.css http://necolas.github.io/normalize.css/, (C) 2012-2016 Nicolas Gallagher and Jonathan Neal, MIT
- Verification panel based on https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_Options_Pages
- Turning off titles based on Title Remover plugin by http://www.brittanyinternetservices.com/